Wednesday 8 August 2012

Make Believe Land




Toy Thetare

 Punch &Judy at Brighton Museum & Art Gallery

 Burma Puppet

 My little Theatre: the Owl and Kitty Cat..

...and their friend Cerius the Centipede...

The Imagination: the most bespoke and tailor made theatre you will ever experience…

I love the Theatre; I find it the one place I can dissolve and become anonymous and yet able to watch an incredible story come to life before my very eyes.
The thought of being able to recreate any dream, thought or story to life though props, and a theatre set sends the mind into array.
It is such a beautiful make-believe land, in winter and on most rainy days I like to spend my time wandering through the second floor of Brighton Museum and Art Gallery.
The Performance Gallery is a place where your imagination can really come to life, it’s as if life is still breathed into these puppets, the water puppets are amongst one of my favourites. But the richness of the round the world culture in the array of puppets is truly astounding, Punch and Judy have some great friends in this galley!

And who could ever forget Pinocchio?


So a few weekends ago, I made my own maquettes for my own Make-Believe Land and theatre and these were the results, its work in progress, but ignited the imagination…so watch out for puppet posts soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment