Monday 2 May 2016

Me Made May '16 Pledge



So here is the official pledge….I Georgie of www.thewhimsicaldaydreamer.blogspot.com sign up as a participant of Me Made May '16. I aim to wear all of my handmades throughout the month of May and will be making it a bit of a family affair by getting the little ladies in their handmades as well. (which is quite a good things as I make more clothes for them and other people than I do myself!) I am looking forward to exploring and looking at the relationship between dress making and fashion. I have spent the last 7 years teaching fashion, textiles and pattern cutting, and agree there is a bit of an 'elephant in the room when it comes to hand made garments, they become very precious items, never to be worn in case they get ruined!  I love the magic of drafting a pattern from scratch, there is an intuitive yet methodical process that is very exciting. But it will be interesting and enlightening looking at the pieces I have made for myself to wear, as well as others throughout the month of May! 
Happy hand made wearing everyone! 
http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.co.uk/p/about-me-made-may.html


No comments:

Post a Comment